BE MEngSc Qld., PhD DSc(Hon) McMaster, DEng UNSW, AM, FAA, FTSE, FIEEE, FRS
Executive Research Director, ARC Photovoltaics Centre of Excellence
Office Location: Room 108, TETB (H6) Building
Phone: +61 2 9385-4018
Fax: +61 2 9662-4240
- High Efficiency Silicon Solar Cells
- Semiconductor Device physics
- Novel Semiconductor devices
- Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conversion
- Silicon Solar Cells
- Photovoltaic module design
- Photovoltaic device fabrication and characterisation
- Semiconductor device modelling
- Electrical energy storage
- Thin film crystalline silicon photovoltaic devices
Author of 6 books, 21 book chapters, numerous reports, patents and conference papers, and over 300 papers in international refereed journals in the area of semiconductors, micro-electronics and solar cells. Several publications considered among his career best are:
- M.A. Green, F. King and J. Shewchun, “Minority Carrier MIS Tunnel Diodes and their Application to Electron- & Photo-voltaic Energy Conversion”, Solid-State Electronics17, pp. 551-573, 1974.
- Martin A. Green, "SOLAR CELLS: Operating Principles, Technology and System Applications", (Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1982). (Reprinted 1986,1992,1999; translated into Chinese & Portuguese; Arabic, Thai, Spanish & Italian in press).
- M.A. Green, “Limits on the Open Circuit Voltage and Efficiency of Silicon Solar Cells Imposed by Intrinsic Auger Processes”, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 31, pp. 671-8, 1984.
- M.A. Green, A. Blakers, Shi Jiqun, E.M. Keller and SR Wenham, “High Efficiency Silicon Solar Cells”, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 31, pp. 679-683, 1984.
- M.A. Green, “Intrinsic Carrier Concentration, Effective Densities of States and Effective Mass in Silicon”, Journal of Applied Physics 67, pp. 2944-54, 1990.
- J. Zhao, A. Wang, MA Green and F. Ferrazza, “19.8% Efficient “Honeycomb” Textured Multicrystalline and 24.4% Monocrystalline Silicon Solar Cells”, Applied Physics Letters 73, pp. 1991-1993, 1998.
- M.A. Green, J Zhao, A. Wang, P.J. Reece and M. Gal, “Efficient Silicon Light Emitting Diodes”, Nature 405, pp. 805-808, 2001.
- M.A. Green, “Third Generation Photovoltaics: Advanced Solar Energy Conversion” Springer, 2003.
- M.A. Green, et al., “Crystalline Silicon on Glass (CSG) Thin-Film Solar Cell Modules”, Solar Energy, Special Issue on Thin Film Photovoltaics 77, pp. 857-863, 2004 (invited).10.
- M.A. Green, “The Path to 25% Silicon Solar Cell Efficiency: History of Silicon Cell Evolution", Progress in Photovoltaics 17, pp.183-189, 2009.